Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

August Flamingo Four

Hello All!
Alicia here, back again with another installment of the Flamingo Four Challenge!  Here is what we had to start with:
Here is what I came up with using the supplies!  
 The chess pieces really presented a challenge for me this month!  I started out by coating the entire inside of the box with Staz-On ink in Teal Blue and let it dry.  Then I decided to put a rub-on accent across the bottom of the lid of the box and around the sides.  I knew I wanted to adhere the Maya Road flower to the lid of the box, but I needed to figure out what to do with the chess pieces.  After a week or so, I decided to use them as "stamps" to stamp the circle images in Gesso on to the box and then after they dried, I colored them with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Sweet Cherry.
Here is a look at the back side of the box.
 Now I have a little box to house some of my sequins when I travel to crops!  To see what the other ladies came up with, go over and check out the blog at Flamingo Scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment