Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hello Spring


Hello Flockinistas!
Alicia here, back again, this time with a couple of easy cards that I have created for the spring from the great supplies you can get at Flamingo Scraps!


First up, I decided to use the Maya Road Fabric Tape to weave an egg pattern on a card made out of cardstock.  I just drew the egg shape on the card and then cut vertical strips within the borders of the egg.  I then cut strips of the fabric tape, and weaved them in and out of the strips to create this woven effect.   I decided to try my hand at the hand stitching that is showing up here and there these days and went around the outside of the woven egg with some green twine. Finally, I created a little sentiment banner with some cardstock, rub-ons, and then stamped the polka dots with one of the Prima Washi Tape stamps and Prima Chalk ink in Old Rose.

 Next up, I decided that I really wanted to use these FabScraps Pinwheels to create an adorable card for spring.  First, I used some Diamond Glaze and outlined the sections that I wanted for the pink glitter and sprinkled on the glitter.  I let it dry, then came back and repeated with the green glitter.  While that way drying, I got to work on the background of the card.  I used a watermark pen and some white embossing powder to create the cloud shapes and then ran it under my heat gun.  I then took some of the Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray in Mustard and masked off the top part of the card and sprayed where I wanted the "grass" to go.  Then, I followed up by spraying Tropicana Teal all over the front of the card, rubbing over the overlapping portion to make a more green look, and wiping the "clouds" to make sure they stayed white.  Before adhering the pinwheels, I did a little more of the hand-stitching to create the stems of the pinwheels.  The sentiment was created with some scraps and the "hello" stamp from the Maya Road Snapshot Words set (this is SUCH a great set!!) stamped with another of the Prima Chalk inks, and some random letter stamps that I embossed.

I am really please how these cheery spring cards turned out and I just can't wait to send them out!  I love this time of year, and have really been enjoying the wonderful weather that we are having right now (just don't remind me about how hot it's going to be in Houston rather soon!)

Until next time!!
Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment