Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sunset Moments - Flamingo Scraps


Hello All!
I am back to show you a little layout that came about from me simply playing around with new supplies.  Usually, I am one of those scrappers that start with a picture and create a layout, but this time, I started with the idea to create the ombre effect that is  a very popular trend at the moment, using the Heidi Swapp Color Mists on the Eggshell Maya Road Fabric Tape that is available in the Flamingo Scraps store.  Once I got the tape finished and dried, I then had to dig around to find a picture that would work with the idea I had.



Since I was already playing with the Color Mists, I decided to mist and use an ink dropper to create a bit of interest towards the top right corner.  Also I thought that most of the elements that I was going to use as embellishments should also reflect the ombre coloring, including the Prima Camera wood, the Heidi Swapp Mistable tags, the Studio Calico veneer and the Pink Paislee stars. To finish up and fill in some areas that I thought still needed something, I found some coordinating Prima flowers and stamped one of the new Prima Washi Tape stamps a couple of times, and added the word "date" from the Maya Road Instant Photo Frame singleton stamp.

Here is another angle to show the great shine that these sprays really add to the layout and how much fun a little dimension also adds!

Until Next Time!
Alicia

2 comments: