Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A New Page (with some Older Pictures)

We have been out of town for a couple of days, but here is a page that I did right before I left last week.  I used some of an old Cocoa Daisy kit (from November 2008) plus some little things from my stash.   
The letters spelling "Friends" are actually some of those foam letters that you get from the seasonal aisle at HL and they were white but I thought that was too harsh for the page, so I rubbed them with a blending foam and Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.  I also didn't like the background paper being so bright white, so I inked the edges with the Peeled Paint distress ink and brushed the ink pad across the paper to give it some character.

Paper:  DCWV (white) Crate Paper (green) Embellishments:  Crate Paper and My Mind's Eye
Ribbon: Prima Ink: Tim Holtz
It's not my favorite layout that I've ever done, but it makes me happy enough.  It was fun to remember a good night with good friends!  With that, I am off!

No comments:

Post a Comment