Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

My New Lovely Desk!

Just a quick update to let you know my newest find!!  I went to the church rummage sale on Friday, and found this adorable desk!  It only cost me $40 and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!  




 When we found out that we were going to have Sam, we had to turn our office/scrap room into a nursery for him, so I have been working out of a hall closet on the dining room table, which was not ideal.  This desk still needs a little work (I really need to replace all of the hardware, I just don't think that the current stuff does the desk justice.  The roll-top is PERFECT for my needs, because I can stop mid-project if necessary (as you can see in the picture below, that's what I did last night with the Amy Tangerine stuff I was working with before bed) and roll the top down and then Sam cannot access anything and it has room for my laptop as well.  Since it's in the front room of my house, it also allows me to hide my creative mess if people come to the house.  Plus, as you can see the wall hanging in the top photo (which I made, and may have to do a post on here in the future), I already had turquoise elements to the decor in this room, (please excuse the horrible shade on the lamp - the lamp was a recent refurbish project - it use to be brassy toned - and I haven't gotten a new shade yet!) so the new lovely desk actually fit in.  :)  Organization is still a work in progress, but isn't it always?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment